Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Have a Cold Sore aka Herpes? Here's a not so subtle solution

So, I'm spending the afternoon watching TV. Flipping through the channels, I stop on abc Family for a little bit. Don't get me started on the Secret Life of the American Teenager...I'll save that for another day. The commercials come on, and I see a lip balm commercial. I hear the name, and I have to think about it for a second. Herpecin L: provides cold sore relief. Yes, this is a proper name, as the term "cold sore" is a friendly way to say that you have Herpes labialis, an infection caused by the Herpes simplex virus, but is this really something you'd want to name a lip balm? People use lip balm as protection from dry lips, or they just like the cold refreshing feeling, but I feel like this product really just throws it out there. Let me just whip out my Herpecin L and show off that "I HAVE HERPES"! I'll stick to Blistex or Burt's Bees for the time being.

1 comment:

Candace Avalos said...

Yeah, but how are you gonna get rid of your herpes with blistex? LOL